Guidelines - Houseboats
- Check in at 11.45 Noon and Houseboat will start by 12:00 Noon. Check out is at 09:00 AM next day for the overnight cruise. Also, there will be a lunch break for about 1 hour.
» Check in time 11:00 am, Check out at 5:00 pm (For Day Trips).
» Check in Time 06:00 pm, check out at next day morning 9:00 am (For Night Stay).
- Three staff on the boat Captain, Engine Driver & Chef.
- The houseboat has limited facilities and resources. Do not compare with Hotels and Home.
- The storage capacity of the water tank in the Houseboat is limited. So please do not waste water. Keep the water tap closed after use.
- Fixed Menu in the houseboat, (need any changes tell us during the time of Booking).
» Rate includes- Welcome Drink + Lunch + Tea & Snacks + Dinner and Breakfast - Menu Veg or Non-Veg(APAI).
» Special dishes can be arranged subject to availability against direct payment.
- Please remember to switch off fans, lights while not in use. In a case of failure of electricity, water supply, A/C etc. please inform the crew immediately.
- AC available from 9.00 pm to 6.00 am (For Budget & Deluxe Class). In case of A/C breakdown, non A/C tariff applicable.
- You can use A/C anytime required in First Class and Super Luxury Class.
- The A/C in the houseboat will not cool suddenly like in home and hotels. It will take 30 minutes to 1 hour to be in power.
- After 5:30 pm houseboat will anchor on the riverside for the night stay and will retain the cruise the very next morning at 08:00 AM. There is no cruising in the lake allowed in the evening hours or late night.
(05.30 pm to next day morning 08.00 am- As per GOVT. Rule- Village people need to put net in the lake for fishing).
- To help to maintain the privacy of the Backwater culture, guests are requested to retire for the night by 10:00 PM.
- Please do not drop sanitary napkins, plastics and other insoluble things in the closet.
- An only fixed menu consisting of Traditional Kerala cuisines will be available on the boat.
- Swimming in the lakes is strictly prohibited.
- Breakage, destruction of any property of the Houseboat would solely be the responsibility of the guest and would be charged for the same.
- Do take care of your personal belonging and baggage before you leave from the Houseboat.
- The presence of flies, small insects is the Natural Habitat in Backwater. It cannot be 100% eliminated. The presence will be there at night in lights.(Budget Class and Deluxe Class Houseboat).
- There will only limited access to TV, DVD Players, Music System (The collection of the DVD is less or limited)
- Maximium number of extra mattress/coat provided in a room is one.
- The guest's are not allowed to sleep outside the bedroom.
- To help to maintain the privacy of the Backwater culture, guest are requested to retire for the night by 10:30 PM. Till 10:30 PM you can use the living area.
- Kindly cooperate with the crew, so that they can serve you better.
- Houseboat Tariff is flexible. The exact rates will Decrease or Increase depends on upon the Days, Season & Holidays. So send your query with arrival date and number of people to get the exact rates. Assured best cruising for reasonable price.
- From December 20th to January 15th -25% hike on the above.
- 50% Advance should be paid for confirmation and balance to be paid prior to embarking.
- All Rates quoted above are in Indian National Rupee (INR). These rates are subjected to change with prior notice, however we abide the rates that are already received.
- Child below 5 Years is complimentary without extra bed. Kids up to 12 year will be charged Rs 750/- Extra without extra bed and above 12 Will be charged Rs.1000/- with extra bed.
- In keeping with our heightened security procedures we request you to carry a photo-identity to present at check-in. foreign nationals will require to present the passport and valid visa while Indian nationals can present any one of these: passport, driving license, voter ID card or pan card.
- Management is not responsible for late arrival & earlier departure.
- In case of unexpected obstructions such as any natural calamities or strike no payment will be refunded. However we can provide the service another day if available according to the season and boat availability. The management will be having full authority over this.
- Payment Options
Alleppey Houseboats offers you multiple payment methods. Payment can be made by Credit Card/Debit Card through our secured online payment gateway system, Apart from Credit and Debit Cards; we accept payments by Internet Banking also. All payments are required to be free and clear of any with holding tax and deduction. Bank charges, if any, for remittance (by remitting bank or by intermediary bank) must be strictly borne by the payer.
- Applicable Law
Terms - of use
This document is an electronic record in terms of Information Technology Act, 2000 and rules there under as applicable and the amended provisions pertaining to electronic records in various statutes as amended by the Information Technology Act, 2000. This electronic record is generated by a computer system and does not require any physical or digital signatures.